Parents and gaurdians, here is a useful checklist for planning the big day.
In order to please as many customers as possible - we offer two time slots on both Saturdays and Sundays for these Party Options and/or their variations. The start times are 12.00pm and 3pm. So please state your preference when talking to us. There is usually no problem with weekday start times.
- Book well in advance as the option you require may not be available the closer you get to the big day.
- This also enables you to have more control over how flexible you are at changing the date and
- Gives you enough time to get the invites out at least 2 weeks before the party.
- Please advise us of the general ages and gender of the children attending the party to ensure the performance is suited to the age group and gender.
- We can provide themed parties in your own home or local hall. These can be anything from disco to make-up, pirate, mad professor, arts & craft or cookery parties with and without magic shows, puppet shows, kid karaoke etc. So we will have to make sure that we have agreed to what’s included before we agree the price!
- We will agree in advance what type of party your child is expecting so that we will customise the party as required.
- Ensure that both parties (!) are both clear about the price and the length of time we will entertain at the party - our standard package party time is 2 hours minimum.
- Re-confirm the booking with us a day or two before the party. Book the entertainer to arrive 15 minutes AFTER the children are due to arrive. This ensures that all the guests have arrived.
- Introduce the entertainer to the birthday boy or girl on arrival so that the entertainer can ensure the child gets the special attention during the performance.
- Have the entertainer's fee ready in an envelope before the party starts. There is no need for a deposit.
- Depending on the size of your group we may bring a second person to assist which can double the cost - make sure you are clear about your numbers.
- We will establish beforehand whether the entertainer requires any special facilities, tools or party set-up.
- Check whether or not your require us to assist during the food part of the party, we normally hand out the balloon models as the children are stuffing themselves! We can provide some prizes but let us know if you want use to provide any prizes, gifts or party bags.
- On the day – remember it’s your child’s big day and not a time for all the mums to have a big social and a natter. Unless, of course they are in a different room!
- It’s best if the children sit on the floor instead of chairs due to the amount of interaction and the various activities that are included.
- Try and have the entertainer located in the room where his/her back is NOT to the window. This kind of makes it harder for the child to see against the day light.
- ....... and finally – don’t worry about the screaming and yelling! We will bring ear plugs should you require them.